- The office is open 8:00am – 4:00pm
- The classrooms are open 8:30am – 3:15pm but sign in at the office first
- If your child is late then please telephone the office or send a note. If your child is absent for more than two days, the Attendance Officer will be notified.
- We treat minor injuries at school but will always contact you if possible. In case of emergency, your child will be taken straight to hospital. If your child has an allergy or requires medication, please let us know by filling out the Enrolment Form thoroughly.
- A progress report is given during student-led conferences at the end of Term 2
- An achievement report is sent home at the end of Term 4
- Expect a newsletter 3 times a term, generally 3 weeks apart
- Join our facebook page to keep up-to-date with events and projects
- We launch every inquiry the first week of each term which is a chance for whanau to explore the new focus alongside our learners in a fun way
- We showcase our inquiry learning in the last two weeks of every term and it’s vital you attend these to see your child’s learning
- The first day of school starts with a short powhiri for all new whanau
We love having parents, caregivers, kaumatua, kuia and wider family involved in student learning and school life. We offer these opportunities:
- assisting teachers classrooms and on trips
- preparing equipment and events
- sports coaching
- sharing a particular skill/interest, e.g., culture, arts.
- doing an adult education programme in our Whanau Fono Space – these programmes feature in our newsletter
LIVING OUR VALUES
Please support your child to be their best selves by meeing our school expectations. We are a water only school which means for 6 hours of the day, our learners do not drink fizzy drinks, sugar drinks or anything but water. We are a healthy eating school so you have two food options:
- Enrol your child in our full food option which means they can have breakfast at breakfast club, Fruit in Schools fruit and KidsCan snacks during morning tea and Eat My Lunch chef- made meals at lunch every day. We encourage you to use this option as our food is filling, healthy and reduces your shopping costs.
- Your child brings food into school that is low in sugar and fat, which counts out food such as pies, takeaways or lollies.
SHARING THE LOAD
We work hard to minimise costs for families and while there are no school fees, there is a fee for our specialist technology programmes, which is a low $65 per student a year. This helps cover the extra costs of materials and food used in technology. A letter for WINZ can be requested from the school office if needed. There will also be a small contribution towards your child’s school camp which is an integral part of the curriculum.
Our day is arranged into 100 minute learning blocks so in-depth and un-interrupted learning can occur and learning minutes can be used wisely.
8:00 Office, breakfast club and study support open
8:30 Classrooms open and teachers are available
8:50 Learning block 1
10:30 Morning tea
11:00 Learning block 2
1:20 Learning block 3
3:00 End of school learning and study support opens
2018 TERM DATES
The office will be open between Wednesday 24th January and Friday 26th January while teachers are doing professional learning and preparing for the school year.
Term 1 Monday 29 January – Thursday 13 April
Term 2 Monday 30 April – Friday 6 July
Term 3 Monday 23 July – Friday 28 September
Term 4 Monday 15 October – Wednesday 12 December
We take pride in our presentation so learners are expected to wear the correct and full uniform on the way to school, at school and on the way home from school. The polo shirts are “quick dry” which means that when students have sports or hot weather, it can be washed and dried easily overnight. Shoes are to be plain black. Closed shoes are compulsory for technology. Uniform can be purchased from SAS Sports, 28 Wood St, Papakura. Their phone number is 09 299-8412.